Sunday, August 18, 2013

Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven Book Review

Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven
Erica Orloff
Publishing Date: October 1, 2005
Publisher: Red Dress Ink
ISBN: 978-0373895359

 

 
Book Description

 

I'm Lily, a New York newspaper columnist, mother of two, divorcee of one and partner in crime to Michael, English professor, novelist and best friend extraordinaire. We've been friends forever -- well, since I nearly burned down our apartment building while trying to cook. Michael and I have weathered disco, bad fashion, bad perms, bad boyfriends -- for both of us -- my failed marriage, parenthood and writer's block. Laughter has helped -- and so have the martinis.

But now we face our biggest challenge: the C word. And if I have my way, Michael will be giving up his freewheeling bachelor ways and settling down once and for all. Because I have some very specific wishes for who should take over parental duty when I'm gone. Of course, I refuse to take this lying down -- even when the doctors tell me to lie down and shut up. Because although I'm sick, I'm determined to wear my high heels and lipstick. I'm gonna look good or die trying, dammit.

 

My Thoughts

 

Talk about a good book, wow ‘Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven’ was such an amazing story. After the past few years I have had, watching my mother who is also my best friend go through cancer treatment and going through the fear of losing her and everything else that goes with stage four ovarian cancer that had spread to her cervix, stomach, uterus, and bladder, I can definitely say this book touched me on a personal level.

 

There were plenty of tears shed while reading this book. She writes such an amazing, inspirational character in Lily, she never ever gave up. She lived her life to the fullest and that is really inspirational. I really enjoyed reading this book and think that everyone no matter what their personal situation is should take the time to read this book there are a lot of life lessons in it. It was beautifully written, emotionally touching, motivational book. I would definitely highly recommend it to anyone.


* I bought this book of my own accord and decided to review it. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. I did not receive any compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment