Sunday, August 2, 2015

Forever by Jacquelyn Frank


Forever

Jacquelyn Frank

 


Book Description

After being brought back from death, police officer Jackson Waverly receives the shock of his life: he has become host to a Bodywalker, a spirit that is reborn in flesh and blood, and part of a proud, ancient race that uses its extraordinary gifts to battle dark, evil forces. Jackson’s spirit is a powerful one—none other than the Egyptian pharaoh Menes, who longs to reunite with his eternal love, the Egyptian queen Hatshepsut.

 

 While Menes is obsessed with finding the perfect vessel for his queen, Jackson cannot stop thinking about Dr. Marissa Anderson, the gorgeous precinct shrink who keeps pushing him to confront his grief over the loss of his K-9 partner. But what Marissa really arouses most in Jackson is intense desire, which is exactly what Menes is looking for. To fight a great enemy, pharaoh and queen must join; but to host Hatshepsut, Marissa will first have to die. Fate has given Jackson a profound choice: save Marissa from Menes’s plan or keep an entire species from the brink of extinction.

 

My Thoughts

 

‘Forever’ is the second novel in The World of Nightwalkers series. I really enjoyed the first book ‘Forbidden’. To me Jacquelyn’s writing is always irresistible; she creates such amazing new worlds. This series is one of my favorites.

Surprisingly I like the sequel ‘Forever’ even more than I liked ‘Forbidden’ and I couldn’t put ‘Forbidden’ down, so that is definitely saying something. I really loved the idea of the mummification process that the Ancient Egyptians did, put them into the Ether and gave them a sort of immortality.

I have always had a fascination with Ancient Egypt, so this series was a treat for me. I was very fond of Jackson and Marissa in the first book and to see their story continue and unfold. I also really enjoyed reading about Menes. I love pharaohs and their queens; I mean how cool is that? So to have Menes’ story told was very cool. I loved the difference between Menes and Jackson’s personality.

When I first read the synopsis I was worried that the ending would be predictable, but I was pleasantly surprised. ‘Forever’ kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last sentence. Both characters are extremely strong and stubborn, so having them go through this dynamic story together creates sparks; amazing, irresistible, luscious sparks that you can’t turn your eyes away from.

I love this story and cannot wait to read more.

 
*I bought this book of my own accord and decided to review it. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. I did not receive compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment