Saturday, February 23, 2013

Betrayal Syrenka Series #2

Betrayal
Syrenka Series #2
Amber Garr
Publishing Date: February 20, 2012
ISBN: 978-1468190069
Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal




 
               

 

Book Description:

 

Life as a mermaid can be suffocating. Eviana Dumahl has returned home as a clan leader, an orphan, and a heartbroken teenage girl. Her parents are dead and her boyfriend, Brendan, has decided that he needs some time away. While battling her inner turmoil, Eviana is forced into the war that Lucian Sutherland has incited amongst her own kind. With the help of Kain, her friend and formally betrothed, the two work together to prove that they deserve their birthrights as young merfolk leaders. When the Council requests a demonstration of Eviana’s mermaid powers, she finds herself with an opportunity to win back Brendan’s heart. But her orders to train with a repulsive merman and the presence of an attractive new suitor challenges Eviana to embrace her leadership and resist temptation. Lucian is after her, and no one seems to understand why. Loyalties are tested as the casualties increase, showing Eviana that sometimes it is impossible to delineate between friends and enemies. Betrayal is the second book of The Syrenka Series trilogy following Eviana and her friends as they navigate through the challenges of existing in a secret world.

 

My Thoughts:

 

Eviana Dumahl went through a whirlwind of heartache in the first book of the Syrenka series. Now in this this second installment, ‘Betrayal’ Eviana is back with her family and friends. She now has to take her role as clan leader now that her parents have been brutally murdered by a crazy mermaid. Eviana and Kain settle into their clan leader roles and go on to meet the council, which are the head of the mermaids, in order to discuss what to do in their battle against their biggest villain Lucian Sutherland. This book has no shortage of drama or action. Eviana unravels some of the mysterious behind Lucian’s intentions but the question is will she be able to handle it or will she let it destroy her?

 

I am absolutely in love with this series I wish they would make them into movies! Those would be amazing to see on the big screen! As you know if you read my review of the first book, ‘Promises’ I did like Brendan but a big part of me hoped for Eviana and Kain to get together. Well ‘Betrayal’ totally changed my view on Brendan; I no longer like him at all. I think his actions in the second book are very selfish and childish and I really hope Eviana is done with him because now he just grates on my nerves. I absolutely adore Kain and I believe him and Eviana belong together. I did love all the drama the love triangle caused though. There’s also another man introduced into Eviana’s life in this one his name is Graham and he is a council member. He also plays a very big role in this book.

 

I don’t want to give you too many spoilers because this is just too good of a book but I just loved and devoured this book in two days. There was so much happening that I did not see coming it kept me hooked and on the edge of my seat. This series really is dynamite! It was a very fresh read for me, very unique and very enjoyable.

I cannot wait to sink my teeth into the final installment in this series!

 

Amber Garr is definitely one to be on the lookout for.

 

               
* I won this book in a giveaway and decided to write a review for it. All opinions are my own. I did not recieve compensation for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much Chasity. :) I would love to see these made into movies too!!

    ReplyDelete