Sunday, August 19, 2012

Never Slow Dance With A Zombie Review

Never Slow Dance with a Zombie
E. Van Lowe
Tor Teen
Publishing Date: August 18, 2009
ISBN: 9780765320407
Genre: Paranormal/ Fiction


 
Book Description:
Principal Taft's 3 Simple Rules for Surviving a Zombie Uprising:
Rule #1: While in the halls, walk slowly and wear a vacant expression on your face. Zombies won't attack other zombies.
Rule #2: Never travel alone. Move in packs. Follow the crowd. Zombies detest blatant displays of individuality.
Rule #3: If a zombie should attack, do not run. Instead, throw raw steak at to him. Zombies love raw meat. This display of kindness will go a long way.
On the night of her middle school graduation, Margot Jean Johnson wrote a high school manifesto detailing her goals for what she was sure would be a most excellent high school career. She and her best friend, Sybil, would be popular and, most important, have boyfriends. Three years later, they haven't accomplished a thing!
Then Margot and Sybil arrive at school one day to find that most of the student body has been turned into flesh-eating zombies. When kooky Principal Taft asks the girls to coexist with the zombies until the end of the semester, they realize that this is the perfect opportunity to live out their high school dreams. All they have to do is stay alive....


My Thoughts:
I have never a zombie book before this one. Zombies never really stood out to me as interesting but my thoughts may have changed after reading ‘Never Slow Dance with A Zombie’. I am definitely looking at zombies in a new light. I loved this book; it was a great YA read. It was so fun and adventurous. It has a great moral of the story for the teenagers who wish they were someone else. There is nothing wrong with being you and loving your indivuality and E. Van Lowe really captures that.

This book was a quick read; it was funny, action packed, and a great read. The writing was brilliant and I may even read more zombie books now.
I loved the characters they were your high school kids with spunk and great personality and their own little quirks. I really like Sybil and Baron the best. They were pretty classic characters. The ending was pretty genius, I never seen it coming.

I would recommend this book to everyone, even if you don’t like zombies. It is an exceptional read and I can’t wait to read more of E. Van Lowe’s work.


*I recieved this book from the author as a gift and decided to review it. All opinions are my own. I did not recieve any compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment